Saturday, March 14, 2009

winter dream

winter dream

pattern used:

hook used:
  • pattern calls for a 5.5mm hook... I used a 4.0mm hook

yarn used:
  • pattern calls for 10ply... I used an assortment of 8ply/DK weight reclaimed yarns
  • rounds 1 and 2 - dark burgundy
  • round 3 - cream
  • round 4 - oatmeal
  • rounds 5 and 6 - brown and white fleck
  • round 7 - cream
  • round 8 - river gum green
  • round 9 - mid blue
  • round 10 - navy
  • round 11 - river gum green
  • added an extra round of dc - burgundy
winter dream


thoughts:
  • don't really know why I used such a small hook for this... I don't even think I checked the pattern for size before I started
  • anyway, it meant I had to add an extra round to bring it up to size
  • round 12 - worked a dc into each stitch of previous round, (2dc, ch2, 2dc) at corners
  • don't panic if your shape is looking VERY unsquare at the end of round 5... keep following the pattern and it will sort itself out in round 6
  • this is a perfectly likable square... it just feels quite bland after the exquisite irish rose I showed you yesterday

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is going to be a gorgeous afghan. I can't wait to build my reclaimed stash enough to do one of these.