Sunday, May 18, 2014

Birth of an Alien

Beanie Festival 2014

Now that those other hats are out of the way for the moment - I'm working on my ALIEN HAT...

Beanie Festival 2014

It's pretty BRIGHT... especially the fluorescent yellow of the eye... 
there's a couple more of those eyes to come

Sketches

It's changed a little since the original sketch I had planned... It ALWAYS changes, but you can see the basic elements are all still there...

I was a bit disappointed not to be able to have the eyes up on stems the way I had sketched - but there was just too much weight in them (there's polystyrene balls inside) and they kept keeling over... so I've had to secure them directly to the hat...

Hopefully I'll have a finished photo for you tomorrow!

Beanie Festival 2014

Psssst. 

Look closely at the photo above... 

At the bottom left hand side...

That smooth brown looking surface...

That is the TOP OF MY DESK!!!!

So glad I have a photo of it... just to remember what it looks like... because we don't see it very often these days...

Usually it's hidden under a sea of STUFF!

No comments: