Sunday, April 27, 2008

felting again

Decided to have another bash at this whole felting business again. I find the process fascinating. The very idea of mistreating your knitted work so badly that it destroys the stitches and felts to itself seems ridiculous. And yet it is so very popular at the moment. I'm always curious to compare the 'before' and 'after' photographs which people take of their work.

This project is a felted bowl. It is going to be very shallow and flat. I've worked it according to the pattern, but I don't particularly like where it's heading.

But you never know quite what the post-felting look will be... so I'll stick with it. Even if I don't like the end result, I'm sure I will be able to add embellishments until it is no longer recognizable!

Wish me luck...

felted bowl (before)

and just to give you an idea of the actual size... here it is pictured with a DVD

felted bowl (before with dvd)

No comments: