Wednesday, February 11, 2009

sneak peek

Have to say that I am DELIGHTED with the way that the haekelbeutel bag has felted. The food dyed yarn did not run during the felting process, and the cream joining yarn felted equally as well as the squares. Actually, I love the way the joins are looking.

And, of course it shrank... it's now only 42cm across, still a decent sized bag... but much more practical than the whopping 53cm we started with!

So here is a sneak peek. I'm planning to add handles and a lining today. Then it will be ready to use.

008 felted bag (close)

11 comments:

danielle said...

It looks super cute!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! :) I was hoping it turned out well. Can't wait to see it all finished.

CT said...

I'm glad it turned out so nice!!! and I am super glad that you are ok! :D

heklica said...

Mmm, looks really great! Can't wait to see what you'll do with the handles - they were the greatest problem for me.

LisaB said...

Great bag. Please post a picture when it is finished.

MyCretanlife said...

Its looking good, can't wait to see the completed bag. Hope you are still safe and sound over there.

bec said...

Looks great, it actually looks really soft and cosy. Lovely colours too, they blend really well.

egebs said...

It looks great. What a great idea.

Sam said...

It looks great, and the colours look even more fabulous. Definately strokable :-)
Can't wait to see the finished bag.

DutchAstrid said...

Be brave, be bold, and you shall have...

A beautifully brilliantly felted bag!!!

I love the cream lines.

Amanda said...

Would love to see how you line it. I'm making one now, and I have a really hard time lining bags, lol.