Wednesday, April 8, 2009

town and country capelet

yarn choices

My next project will be the Town and Country Capelet... click here for the free pattern

I'm going to make it up in neutral earthy colours. The pattern calls for a 12ply/bulky yarn... but I plan to use 2 strands of 8ply/DK worked together. I'll just change colours randomly throughout, and see how it turns out.

Between working with two strands, and using a 9.0mm hook... I'm thinking that this should be a fairly speedy project. I'd like to have it done within a couple of days... because our cold weather has hit us all of a sudden... and I can imagine that this will be toasty and warm.

2 comments:

CT said...

Can't wait till you post images of the capelet! I think the skirt turned out super cute!!!!! can't believe I missed both posts about it!
And I agree... I think the crochet you added is enough, unless you do some apliqué of sorts

laughing purple goldfish said...

thanks :) I'm loving both the skirt and the capelet