Thursday, June 11, 2009

project #15 - beautiful saver

closeup

pattern used -
yarn used -
  • 10ply/worsted weight reclaimed wool, in pink
  • grey and black sewing thread
hook used -
  • 4.0mm aluminium hook
comments -
  • the pattern calls for the flap to be made using a different colour of yarn from the body of the bag
  • but I didn't want a harsh contrast, so instead... I used the same yarn, PLUS two strands of sewing thread... one grey and one black... all worked together

bag

open (front)

open (rear)

3 comments:

MyCretanlife said...

you are certainly charging through these patterns. Like this one a lot.

sukigirl said...

I really like this one plus I like how you added thread with the yarn, never heard of this before so I must try it.

laughing purple goldfish said...

judith - I'm getting there! thanks for the feedback

sukigirl - adding the thread isn't something that I have seen done before... I just tried it one day, because I wanted a slightly different yarn... seems to work... so now I keep it in mind! experiment for yourself and see how you go...