Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Ned's Needles

Ned's Needles Sketch

Have you ever knitted or crocheted a BEARD before?

I haven't - but I am about to...

Now before you start thinking that I have completely lost the plot -  I just want to say that I am not the only person to ever attempt this.
 In fact, there are PATTERNS out there for knit and crochet beards...

Don't believe me?

Check these ones out...

See?

So what's this beard business all about then?

Well - have you ever heard of a gentleman by the name of Ned Kelly?

My Aussie readers will know that Ned Kelly was a notorious Bush Ranger, who has since become an Australian Legend. But apart from all that - the guy had the most incredible beard.

Which brings us to Ned's Needles.

Ned's Needles is a knitting competition - to create a version of Ned's Beard.

You can aim for something realistic... or venture down a more creative path. Perhaps you've guessed that I will be designing a CREATIVE entry?

The competition is open to everyone, so go and take a closer look. There are even free patterns available for you to use. 

Here's the link... so what are you waiting for?






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My friend knitted a uterus once... I think a beard would be much more useful!
Hazel x