Friday, August 9, 2013

Instead of a Bathroom Owl...

Dawn's Owls

First up, let me just say that none of these owls photographed today were made by me...


They are both based on my "Irsia the Bathroom Owl" pattern.

Remember I was saying that you don't HAVE to make the toilet lid cover... but instead use your imagination to turn it into something else.

This first one was made by Dawn - and I'm loving the blue orange combination of colours. I don't use them very often myself, mostly because I seem to forget how effectively they work together... but the blue background really allows the orange to go POP, and I love that. By Dawn's own admission, she doesn't always know what she's doing when it comes to colour choices - but she really got it SPOT ON with this one!

Dawn's owl isn't completely finished yet. I actually think it looks fabulous just the way it is, but don't tell her that - because I want to see what else she has up her sleeve.


Dawn's Owls

Now it's only been a week since I sent out the pattern and we already have our first finished entry! How fast was that?

This one is created by Kathy...

I would never have dreamed to do this, but Kathy combined her painting skills with her yarn skills - and designed a canvas background for the owl to perch in. They complement one another beautifully... and you would certainly never think that the original pattern was for a toilet cover, would you?


Owl

Some people are working with strips of fabric to crochet their owls, and are planning to create floor rugs with them. I've heard whispers about a plan for a baby blanket... and maybe even a bag. I love watching these things evolve!

If you're starting to think that you might join in the challenge with us - head on back to my original post for all the information you'll need. We'd love you to join in the fun!