Friday, May 16, 2014

Stripey Jester

Beanie Festival 2014

I started running out of time with my goal of sending beanies to both the Castlemaine Beanie Affair and the Alice Springs Beanie Festival...

Beanie Festival 2014

So I raided my storage tubs which are full of unfinished projects...

Yes.

I have enough unfinished pieces to fill more than one tub...

But that's a story for another day!

Beanie Festival 2014

Anyway, I discovered a half made beanie which I had been making from this pattern here.

All the stripes were already done, but I wanted to give it a different finish...

So I added some freeform knitting and crochet to the top - and created two long.... hmmm... what would you call those long tips you see on a jester's hat? Ears maybe? You know the bits I mean!

Yep. I added two of them - and some big old tassels to finish off...

Beanie Festival 2014

No comments: