Monday, May 4, 2009

arches

Still going with the 2009 Block-A-Month CAL...

arches

pattern used:

hook used:
  • pattern calls for 5.5mm... I used a 5.0mm

yarn used:
  • pattern calls for worsted weight/10ply yarn
  • I used a variety of reclaimed DK/8ply yarns
  • round 1 & 2 - dark burgundy
  • round 3 - river gum green
  • round 4 - brown and white fleck
  • round 5 - camel fleck
  • round 6, 7 & 8 - navy
  • round 9 - cream
  • round 10 - river gum green
  • round 11 - brown and white fleck

thoughts:
  • as always, I started with an adjustable magic ring
  • this is a nice, simple square... although the pattern of the arches seems to come out best when the entire square is worked in a single colour
  • I worked round 10 using sc instead of dc, as my square was already getting too big
  • I probably should have used a 4.5mm hook for this square, to suit my loose tension... but that would have meant tidying up my work area, so that I could FIND a 4.5mm hook... and it all just seemed too hard at the time!



arches closeup

1 comment:

Sam said...

I like this one too. Lol at the missing hook situation ;-)