Monday, April 19, 2010

freeform is finished

ff3

My freeform CAL is finished.

Well, almost finished... I think...

What I mean to say, is that I have finished with the instructions.

You might recall that we were give one instruction each day for the entire month of March. I started out well, but once I missed a day... then that suddenly became two days... which then snowballed into a blur of days.

Stop rolling your eyes at me.

You know EXACTLY what I mean, because we have ALL been there!!!

And even if you are an absolute freak of nature, who has NEVER let things get away from you... tell me that you have.... just so that I can feel quite normal here.

So - the instructions are here on Ravelry for anyone who wants to take a look at them.

And there is a gallery here of everyone else's work.

Did you look?

Go and do it now... PLEASE!

There is some magnificent work there. Can you believe that most of us had never attempted any kind of freeform work before???

And all the pieces look so different, don't they?

It's hard to believe that we were all following the same set of instructions.

ff4

Anyway.

As I was saying, I have completed the instructions... that was the easy part.

Now to decide what to do with it...

ff5

I was just going to hang it in my studio as a piece of art, and reflect on it from time to time.

Not that I have a studio yet, but one day I will.

ff6

The thing is, that I love the way my freeform sounds when it moves.

It jingles so melodically... as the keys, and bells, and other trinkets all chime against one another.

The kind of sound that a beautiful wind chime would make.

But it doesn't really look like a wind chime now, does it???

13

So I'm thinking about a bag.

I know, I've done load of bags already... but this would be a magnificent curio, wouldn't it?

And everyone would hear me coming, too!

Ooooh...

One quick question before I go...

What is this???

niblick

niblick side view

I think it's golf related...and I want to say it's from a golf shoe of sorts, but I don't really know.

Any idea?

10 comments:

Kyliie said...

Beautiful! :) No idea what that piece was! I think you should do a bag!

Jacki said...

It is a screw in stud for the bottom of your shoe.

misha said...

Beautiful! Whatever you decide to do with it, it'll look great!

Liisa said...

Your freeform turned out gorgeous, and I can't wait to see it on a tote! As for the Niblick piece, I'd bet $$ it's a golf shoe spike.

Sharon Maher said...

kyliie... at my crochet meet today, one of the other girls draped the freeform across her shoulders... and it made the most amazing wrap!!!

Sharon Maher said...

jacki - thanks!!! I figured that someone would know... and it was driving me crazy to have it jingle away taunting me!

Sharon Maher said...

misha - thanks... it's been so much fun to work on... and has really whet my appetite for freeform work

Sharon Maher said...

liisa - yes - a golf shoe spike! can you tell that I don't play golf???

10 cool crocheted things « thrifted. said...

[...] crochet from laughing purple goldfish designs. I adore this website. She is one of my primary fibery inspirations, which is strange because ore [...]

Complete Kitchen said...

"-- that seems to be a great topic, i really love it ,-: