Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Can I Make It Work?

PA170023

So on Friday I was telling you about the Fairytale Challenge that I had started on...

For those of you who couldn't see the image I was using for inspiration, it was a drawing of a frog wearing a crown - undeniably Prince Charming.

And I've decided to make my very own Prince Charming. Along the lines of those Topsy Turvy dolls, only this one will flip from a frog into a prince!

I thought that it would be terribly unique and was feeling very, very clever about the entire thing...

But my research now tells me that this concept has been done before!

Never mind... I'll stick with my own version, and see how he turns out. Hopefully I can bring it all together into something successful.

The idea is that both the Prince and the Frog will have the same legs. The upper bodies will be different, and one will flip inside the other to change the characters over. The colours haven't shown very true in this photograph, but the frog is a slightly turquoise green, and the prince will be in purple and green.

Can I make it work?

Sure hope so! I'm certainly going to give it a try...

I'm planning to do some seaming and stuffing today, and I'll let you know how I go.

5 comments:

kate said...

Wow - I stand back in amazement at your plans, hope it works - can't wait to see

Alyssa said...

Go for it! I think you can definitely make it work! :)

wink said...

Ooh exciting! :) I can't wait to see how it turns out!
xo,
wiink

Guanaja Sharon said...

Haven't seen where you posted the finished product! Did the frog ever turn into a Prince???
Guanaja Sharon

pharmacy reviews said...

Interesting challenge, I guess i will get into it this week, I'm not really sure about how it works, but i will figure out soon, thanks