Thursday, July 19, 2012

Dawn's Haekelbeutel

Haekelbutel Bag

Isn't this bag just LOVELY?

It belonged to my dear friend Dawnie-Pants
(she's the one who made me the AWESOME Granny Clock)

Haekelbutel Bag

Did you notice that I said the bag BELONGED to Dawn?

As in, it once was hers, but no longer is?

After our Crochet Meet here one day, Dawnie almost left her bag behind...

I JOKINGLY suggested that she be very careful to take it with her, because I'd had my eye on the bag for a while - and if she left it behind - then she just might not ever see it again.
I would have to claim it as my own!

Well...

Right there and then, Dawnie emptied her bag and GAVE IT TO ME!!!
(insisting that she doesn't much like it anyway)



Haekelbutel Bag
I feel a bit cheeky about the whole thing!

The bag is so perfect.

It's big enough to hold a large project, as well as my books.

And I love the way the handles just tie together, to keep inquisitive little fingers out.


Haekelbutel Bag

Thanks Dawn.

I definitely owe you one.

Again!

PS. If anyone is interested, the pattern is Inga's Haekelbeutel
(I've linked to the Ravelry project page, from there you can click on your chosen language for the Free PDF Crochet Pattern)

3 comments:

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

Aack! Now I have to go add that one to my queue! I love bags, and a felted granny bag? Gotta have one...!

Dawn said...

You my friend are very welcome. Although I still don't like it much.

Yvette said...

Dawnie is a gorgeous friend and a great lady - I love her! And I miss her, since she went back to Victoria to live...I love that bag too!