Did you notice the cushion on the couch in my last blog post???
There's nothing wrong with it... except that it is a bit, well, too BEIGE for my liking!
So I've decided to give it the granny treatment.
One nice bright granny square coming up...
I've always been reluctant to use granny squares on cushions, because of the sewing involved... I mean... you simply MUST line them, they're too holey not to.
And the very thought of having to line them, has sent me running... because if I wanted a removable cover, then I would have to insert a zipper... and that's just all too scarey for my liking!
But this time I'm going to cheat a little.
Because the existing cushion cover is in good condition (well... it will need to be soaked for a few days in some napisan... but apart from the general grubbiness, it's in good nick) I can simply attach the crochet to the cover. I'll probably make a square for the front and the back, and then just stitch them into place.
That's the plan, anyway... and I'll try and remember to take some progress photos as I go... although sometimes I just get so caught up in the moment that I completely forget!