Monday, July 11, 2011

festive fish surprise...

Well, it turns out that I am not the only one who has been making beautiful things for my baby girl...

festive fish blanket 5


Isn't this the most gorgeous blanket?

I have to say a super big thank you to my dear friend Tess for this wonderful creation. She has put so much work into this piece... and every one of those little fishies has been individually blocked before joining. Now that's dedication to the cause!!!

I love the colours...

festive fish blanket 1

I love the textures too... look closely at the eyes and the fins... what wonderful depth the project has!

And the joining method is exquisite...

festive fish blanket 3



The pattern is Festive Fish by Paula Levy. You can also check out the project page by Tess over at Ravelry for more details.

4 comments:

L said...

Beautiful!

kate said...

What a beautiful blanket! x

heklica said...

This is such a beautiful blanket! But to block individually 40 fishes... she must love you very, very much.

Tess said...

It was a labour of absolute love, and a journey where I learned lots of new crafting skills along the way (including that fantastic joining method).

Thank you Sharon, for being such a great friend over nearly 30 years.