Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Finished Teddy!

Teddy Bear

I know that I'm biased - but how gorgeous is this little guy???

By the time I finish working on one of my toys, I have grown so attached to them... After all, I've watched them develop and come to life. I've worked every stitch of their existence. I've tweaked and turned and moulded them just right. Surely it would be strange NOT to feel some kind of attachment to them?

As you know by now, I usually I work from my own patterns... but I can't claim any credit for this one. I've raved about Jean Greenhowe many times before on this blog, but just in case you missed those earlier posts - you should know that I LOVE HER! Here is her website. I cannot recommend her patterns highly enough.

For those of you have been messaging me for more details about this project, the pattern is from this booklet here. It is not available online, nor is it free. But it is EXCELLENT! I have made every single project in the booklet - over and over again. It is my dream that one day my patterns will be as popular and as renowned as Jean's.

As for the yarn, this one was not one of my recycled gems. I've used Rainbow by Patons which is available locally at Lincraft stores. It's an 8 ply acrylic, soft and not at all splitty to knit with. This colourway is called "Rainforest" and as always, it was fun to watch the colours change with the variegated yarn.

Actually, it's inspiring me to try my hand at dyeing my own yarns...

Properly this time. Not just with the food dyes.

Not that there's anything wrong with that method. I've had lots of fun with it. I just want to step it up a level...

Now if only there were enough hours in the day for me to try my hand at EVERYTHING that takes my fancy.

Teddy Bear

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I love him

Twigwoman said...

That is THE CUTEST BEAR EVER!!!