Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Old Stamps and a Broken Chair

Recycling

I've been wondering what to do with these stamps for YEARS now. I knew that I wanted to decoupage something with them, but never had the perfect project in mind...

I even blogged about some of my ideas here, and that was back in 2009!

Recycling

Then we started to have this problem with broken chairs...

You see, the chairs are always tipping backwards and crashing down onto our hard tile floors. I don't really know why. Well - I probably do - it's got something to do with kids clambering over them all the time! And now all of a sudden, they've started to break. Yep - the spindles on the back of the chairs have been breaking into pieces. We tried gluing them a few times, but it didn't really work. In the end, I just went nuts and took the back right off them!

That was when we discovered that those broken chairs made INCREDIBLY COMFORTABLE stools.

Seriously. They're more comfortable as stools than they ever were as chairs. So everyone would fuss over who got to sit on the "special stool"... and there's noting I hate more than the sound of kids  fussing...

So when the next one broke - we just took that back right off again.

And the next one after that, too!


Recycling

They were comfortable, but they looked ugly. I filled in the holes and toyed with the idea of painting them - but then I remembered my stamp collection...

And I knew exactly what I wanted to do!

1 comment:

Loca4crafts said...

I love this idea. Isn't it amazing how sometimes breaking something can make it better?

Lisa