Saturday, June 19, 2010

what I'm reading this week

P6180009

Look what arrived in the mail for me this week...

Two new booklets from my friend, designer Lisa Gentry!

Both are titled Celebrity Slouchy Beanies, and feature a variety of popular beanie patterns for the whole family.

One booklet contains knit beanies, and the other one is crochet.

I've been flipping through both of them, and trying to decide where to start...

I think I might crochet the Granny Square one, or maybe knit the Cabled Classic instead. Decisions, decisions...

P6190002

Either way, I know that Lisa is a fabulous designer, and I'm sure to wind up making more than one of each anyway!

There's more information about the boklets here, they're incredibly cheap and if you live in the US there is free shipping until 30/6/2010

Now to choose my yarns...

4 comments:

Jacqui Delaney said...

Oh they look great!
Looks like there is lots of great designs, might have to get some for myself ;-)
Thanks for sharing!

Bec said...

Ooh, i'll have the one on the front cover- the guy, not the hat! No, seriously, the hat is cool! Where can I get a copy of the knitting one?

misha said...

These look fab! Off to check the cost of shipping :)

Mel said...

Sold! Well, "bought!" is more accurate, I guess.
Thanks for sharing these - I love a good modern hat pattern. Maybe when my hair grows back I'll be able to pull these off. Until then just knitting them is fun enough.
I'm so glad you're posting regularly again :)