Wednesday, March 12, 2008

speedy gift

I have resisted the lure of the calorimetry for so long... it has been such a popular pattern, and I didn't want to be working on it just because everyone else was!

but the truth of the matter is... I am a headband girl at heart

those of you who know me in real life know that I am rarely seen without one

so I finally launched into it... and was amazed at how quickly it worked up... less than two hours from cast on to full completion!

calorimetry

made a few modifications, as I had heard a lot of feedback about the original pattern resulting in too large a fit

used 4mm needles, cast on 100 sts... reclaimed yarn approx aran weight

actually came up a tiny bit too small, so I added a chain stitch loop for the buttonhole... and it's now perfect

No comments: