Tuesday, July 22, 2008



Finally finished working on Helena, which is a free pattern published in the latest issue of Knitty. Nice and easy pattern, but of course I made a few modifications. Added an eyelet band across the middle so that I could thread a ribbon through... rather than using the knitted ties as per the pattern. Worked one extra lace pattern repeat, to make the jacket a bit longer. Edged around the sides and neck with single crochet, rather than garter stitch.


I made this in a size four... it's a little large, but should be a good fit for next winter. Hopefully by then I will find a nice black satin ribbon to match. I have temporarily used a black twisted cord for the tie... but would prefer a ribbon. Now I just need to find one. Ah... the joys of committing oneself to using only RECYCLED materials. Never mind... I have until next winter!



KimT said...

very very pretty!

Rima said...

That is oh so perfect. Your daughter looks very cute.

Nathalie Brault said...

Wow so pretty. This little girl is sooo lucky and looks very mannequin like. You are so talented. I just adooore your blog .It is filled with impressive stuff. You always amaze me. Everything you do is gorgeous. You're a sheer genius and it's true. Keep up the good work.