Lisa Gentry has published a new e-pattern book... called Hooked For 30 Days - 30+ Crochet Designs In 30 Days. Each day she will be adding a new pattern to the book .
Well, I had this crazy idea that I would keep up with her, by creating each project on the day that it comes out.
Sounds insane, right???
Well... it would have been insane if I had started when the first pattern came out...10 days ago, but I didn't...
So I'm going to start now...and try and catch up!
I know... it's beyond insane... especially when you consider ALL the other projects I have going on at the moment. But cheer me on anyway!!!
Here's the first project:
- CrochetDiva's Lucky Charm by Lisa Gentry... currently available as a free pdf
- pattern calls for size 10 crochet cotton... but I wanted to use what I had on hand, so I used size 20 crochet cotton and a fine recycled ribbon type yarn, and just worked them together
- also needed about 400 beads... all from my recycled stash
- it took me forever to thread all those beads on, but I love the result
- in fact, it probably took me longer to make this miniature bag, than it would have taken to make a full-scale one
- pattern is well written and easy to follow
- I had orginally planned to put a small lining into the bag, but the stitches sit so tightly together, that it doesn't need one
- I love the way this piece turned out... although I'm not entirely certain what I will use it for