So that Charity Blanket is finally finished...
Ends are sewn in, and the edging is done.
You know the way some projects just go ON and ON and ON and ON and you seriously start wondering if it is EVER coming to an end???
I enjoyed the pattern itself - a nice simple Granny Stripe - which made it an easy one to work on while watching TV, or supervising the kids at the park or the pool... or gossiping at a Crochet Meet.
I think that I was just SO incredibly bored with the colours, that I lost interest in it.
So here are the details:
- Granny Stripe Blanket, by Lucy of Attic24
- click here for FREE online pattern
- mostly 8plys, with a few 10 plys, and some doubled 4 plys...
- a variety of reclaimed yarns in navy, greys and cream
- 4.0mm aluminium hook
- First of all I skipped Row 1. Simply worked the pattern straight into the row of chains. Tried it the way the pattern was written, but prefer it my way.
- Then instead of working 2 rows per colour, I changed at the end of every row. Just Because.
- To finish off neatly, I worked 2 rounds in pattern, then turned my work and did a round of hdc in each st. The hdc gives it a nice firm edge.