Sunday, March 15, 2009

accidental hat revisited...

2009_0314eloisehat0008

pattern used:
hook used:
  • 5.0mm hook
yarn used:
  • this stuff here
  • it seems to be about a 10ply... is hairy, but soft... and oh so snuggly
thoughts:
  • love the idea of working through the back loops only
  • it gives a wonderful stretchy rib texture to the hat
  • will definitely used this method in future
  • this hat was made to fit a three-year-old... but because of the stretch in the stitch pattern... it will comfortably fit an adult, too!
  • flower pattern is taken from the little miss two bag... I worked only round 1, using a 7.0mm hook and 12ply yarn

2009_0314eloisehat0009

4 comments:

MyCretanlife said...

Like this hat. The yarn you used worked up very nice. You seem to work quickly. thing your irish rose sqare is smashing

laughing purple goldfish said...

judith - thanks... it was a dreamy yarn to work with too... so very soft and almost silky... as for the irish rose... I think I am in love with that pattern!

Have a great day said...

Hi Just wanted to tell you this is a yarn from Spotlight -i bought it to make hats and jumpers for my twin girls- yes it is so soft and so easy to knit up- wish i had of bought more- please go have a look on my website = and on the first page you will see them there in their gear- same lovely colours as yours...a great photo which always makes me smile.. Jo Brown www.nannaknits.com

Have a great day said...

SORRY- what am I saying?? - it was bought at Lincraft.. I buy so much wool from Spotlight that I automatically wrote that without picturing the shop/ aisles etc.. it was definately a Lincraft yarn..from 2 years ago.