Thursday, June 3, 2010

skull cap

skulls, closeup

This started out as a project to prove to myself that I CAN work with circular needles.

Plus I was feeling a bit bad about the fact that I so rarely make anything for my boys to wear.

So I'm working on this skull beanie. The photos are a bit average, but I have the base of the beanie done, and am now working on the head shaping.

This one, with red-on-black is for Master Ten...

Master Eight has requested orange-on-black for his version...

and Master Fifty-Two (that would be Mr Goldfish) has put his hand in the air for his very own skull cap - the first time that he has EVER asked me to make him anything!!!

skulls on needles

6 comments:

vjesticica said...

So, what are you waiting for? Make him a beanie when he decided to put his hand in the air for it! It takes courage to do things like that, you know! ;-)
Mr Wizard rarely asks for something too. Although I ask on regular basis "Do YOU want something made for you?"
So, when he wanted a crocheted king-size blanket, I had no excuse. And I made it. It took me almost two months, with a large hook.
What I wanted to say?
You're one lucky lady. You'll get away with a beanie!

misha said...

I had to check twice if I'm on the right blog. This is so different from your usual style. Please post photos of the three pirates :) I suppose you could make them for the girls too, in more feminine colours :)

Kyliie said...

Those are awesome! Too bad I cant work stitch patterns!

Sharon Maher said...

it's in the works for him... should be done in the next day or so...

he's requested some modifications too... will show you guys when it is done

Sharon Maher said...

hey misha...
it is different, that's for sure... and only two colours!!!!

will definitely have to get a shot of my three pirates for you

Sharon Maher said...

kyliie - you CAN... you just haven't learned yet!