Tuesday, June 1, 2010

under the weather

P6010001

I've been a little quiet this past week...

Spent most of my time tucked up in bed, trying to defeat the dreaded lurgy...

This is one of the times when I miss mum the most - when I'm not feeling well - I remember as a child she would sit by my side and stroke my forehead until I fell asleep. I sometimes ask Mr Goldfish to do it for me... but it's really not the same. He lasts about 30 seconds, and then asks "is that enough yet?"

So instead, I've settled for snuggling up under the childhood blanket that mum knit for me.

Meanwhile the kids are enjoying my complete lack of voice, and inability to shout at them!

9 comments:

Debbie said...

Sorry you're under the weather, Sharon. Hope you're feeling better real soon. The blanket you're snuggling under that your Mom made, is that the one in the photo? It's gorgeous! Do you know if there's any instructions for it anywhere? I also noticed it as a backdrop in one of your tutorials.

misha said...

Get well soon, sending love and happiness your way :)

Jo Collins said...

Sorry to hear about the lurgy. I'm lucky enough to still have my mother but since she lives in another country, I cuddle the teddy she made me when I'm feeling particularly low (though perhaps I should sew his leg back on). Your blanket looks wonderful - snuggle up and get better soon.

Deb said...

Hoping you're back to yourself very soon. Take care.

Deb said...

. . . maybe you will get a chuckle out of this: Here in Canada it is just before 2 pm on June 1, but my post shows up as June 2 at 2:00 in the wee hours of the morning! I feel like a time traveller!

Bibmomma said...

Said a prayer for you today. Hope you are healing well and back to normal soon. We do miss our mothers when we are under the weather. Just know she's looking down on you and stroking your head from heaven! Feel better soon!

Kimberly Pye said...

Feel better soon! At least you have that lovely blanket to snuggle with! I love it!

vjesticica said...

Get well soon, and amaze us once more with something special
hugs and kisses from far, far away <3

Sharon Maher said...

thanks to everyone for your well wishes xx

much appreciated :)