Monday, June 21, 2010

textured stripes

P6210080

Already finished a beanie from Lisa's new crochet booklet...

Supposed to be worked on a 5.0mm hook - but I couldn't find one, so I just got stuck into it with a 4.0mm... my tension tends to be loose anyway, so it's turned out just fine.

This one is for my brother... so the colours are fairly subdued - I had to choose something that I thought he would actually wear!

Really loving the textured stripes in this piece... they're way more striking in real life than you expect from the pattern booklet.

I blogged about the booklet here, if you're looking for pattern details

And here's the obligatory celebrity shot...

P6210073

4 comments:

L said...

Nice!

Jacqui Delaney said...

I love the look and the colours, but better yet I love the celebrity shot ;-)

Dawniedear said...

Showing off the beautiful ring eh? lol That is a great hat Sharon nice to see something a little different.

Mel said...

That was the first hat I made after buying the books! In yellow with grey stripes. And then, foolishly in the middle of the night, I blocked it to try and make it a beret. Stupid, stupid, stupid idea. I'll blog about it eventually.
Yours looks so great! Awesome yarn choice.