Monday, April 16, 2012

A Scrumble to Swap

IMG_2252

Do you sometimes hesitate to join in a fun activity because of nerves???

I do it all the time, and this is a classic example...

A few months back, I saw that there was going to be a Scrumble Swap held in the Prudence Mapstone Group over on Ravelry. The idea was simple. Participants would be placed in groups of about seven, and then send a freeform scrumble to each of the others in their group.

You could nominate your chosen colours, so that when you received your six scrumbles they could be worked into one larger Freeform Project. Or not. Really... you could do ANYTHING you wanted with them... ANYTHING at all.

It sounded like it would be an INSPIRING swap... on a few different levels. Firstly, you would be making scrumbles in a variety of colour combinations which you might not usually use. And Secondly, you would be receiving 'puzzle pieces' from other crafters, to work into a project of your own.

I was Intrigued...

But a Little Bit Terrified, too...

So I didn't sign up, but have instead been watching from the sidelines (wishing that I had).

Long story short - One of the participants was having trouble meeting her commitments, so I flew in to act as a Swap Angel. Basically, I offered to make some of the scrumbles on her behalf.

So now that this one has been received, I can share the photos with you...

Here is the brief which I was given to work with: “My favorite colors are jewel tones-rich deep colors. I am working on this jacket, which will have oranges - brick-yellows, so those would be nice, but any rich deep colors are fine. I prefer all (or mostly from natural fiber yarn) , whenever possible.”

My piece is about 5 x 6". The purpley tones haven't photographed as beautifully as they appear in real life, which is a shame, but never mind...

IMG_2251

No comments: