Sunday, April 6, 2008

oops!

Well, I launched right into this afghan and was loving the results. Then I realised how much yarn I was using up. Since this was such a spur of the moment project, I just grabbed some yarn from my stash and started hooking... without really thinking it through. I'm not going to have enough yarn in the desired colours.

Just buy some more?

Well, there's the problem. I'm dedicated to using reclaimed yarns. I love their character and history. Buying new yarn would just feel so... well... NAUGHTY! So I have some jumpers waiting in my unravelling stash which will be perfect. But now I have to frog them, skein them, wash them, dry them and then ball them before I can hook them!!!

So today will be spent preparing the yarn. It looks like good 'drying' weather too, lots of sunshine and a nice gentle breeze. Then I can get back to the task at hand.

Here's the progress to date:

kd40 afghan (progress2)

No comments: