- 5.0mm crochet hook
- pattern calls for 10ply... I used an assortment of 8ply/DK weight reclaimed yarns
- rounds 1, 2, 3 and 4 - dark burgundy
- rounds 5 and 6 - cream
- round 7 - camel fleck
- round 8 - river gum green
- round 9 - dark burgundy
- round 10 - mid blue
- round 11 - brown and white fleck
- round 12 - burgundy
- as always, I started with an adjustable magic ring
- I need to learn to read patterns more carefully... for example... in round 2 where the pattern reads 2 tr in each of next 2 sc... it means 2 tr in each of next 2 sc... a total of 4tr... VERY IMPORTANT!!! I learned the hard way, and got frustrated beyond words that it wasn't working out properly. Thanks to a wonderful crochet buddy (that's you Daphne!) I was able to see the error of my ways.
- round 12 modification - I was almost at 12 inches already, so I worked this round in hdc instead of dc
- I didn't like the way my heart looked... it wasn't as shapely as I would have hoped... so I added a tiny bit of embroidered detail to better define the shape. Nothing fancy, just two strands of the cream yarn worked in a running stitch between rounds 3 and 4. Simple but effective.