Thursday, June 11, 2009

project #12 - cover story

DSCF0383

pattern used -
yarn used -
  • recycled 5ply/sports weight wool
hook used -
  • 3.0mm bamboo
thoughts -
  • in order to fit my journal, I only needed to ch28 at the beginning of the pattern
  • even in the 5ply yarn, the cover is a little bit bulkier than would be ideal
  • DSCF0373 DSCF0371
  • I've embellished this with some remnants, and a wooden button
  • the 'button' was originally part of an old child's puzzle... I've just drilled a couple of holes to use it as a button
  • although it looks like it would be an ideal cover for a child... it appeals too much to MY INNER CHILD! so I am keeping this one for myself
DSCF0374

2 comments:

Fruitful Fusion said...

I love this! It's gorgeous especially in that colour!

laughing purple goldfish said...

thanks... I'm loving the colour, too!