first I chose the cottons I wanted
then gave them a little twist, to see how they would look when plyed
tied all three strands to the leader yarn on my bobbin
then began to ply them together, by pedalling the wheel in an anticlockwise direction, and allowing the cottons to twist across one another
when the bobbin was full, I wound the yarn into a hank and washed it, to set the twist
pattern used -
- Wishy Washy Dishcloth by Lisa Gentry
- found in Hooked For 30 Days e-book
yarn used -
- recycled cotton, plyed as above
hook used -
- 5.0mm hook
- nice design, but I prefer a more solid fabric for my dishcloths
- maybe it's my imagination, but I see little butterflies in the pattern... do you???
- see the head at the top... the puff stitch forms the body, and the two pairs of wings?