Wednesday, June 10, 2009

project #9 - trellis & vines

DSCF0355

pattern used -
yarn used -
  • ssshhhhh.... don't tell anyone, but I've used NEW YARN... brand new!!!
  • I was given this yarn in a care package from a fellow crafter (thanks Lyndy)
  • it's a fun, sequinned yarn in a deep emerald green colour
  • Lincraft - Shooting Star Yarn - 50g ball
  • I used less than half of the ball
hook used -
  • 2.5mm steel
thoughts -
  • the original pattern calls for this to be worked in crochet thread and leaf beads, it is designed to 'dress up' a plain t-shirt or top
  • it wasn't really my style... so I decided to play around with the sequinned yarn instead, and omit the beading
  • I won't ever wear this... but I'm thinking that it would make an interesting trim on a knitted top
  • it will go into my stash, and you may see it re-appear one day on a garment for my daughter
DSCF0347

2 comments:

Jessica Martiele said...

It absolutely looks like intricate beadwork, and I love it. Holy cow, woman, do you sell your labors at all? Ebay, perhaps? Because I think I'd be first in line to make you an offer for this one...it's stunning!

laughing purple goldfish said...

not selling yet... but I'll get there one day!!! thatnks for all the encouragement :)