Friday, August 3, 2012

Craft Fair

Felted Flower

Last Sunday I went along to the Melbourne Craft and Quilt Fair at the Exhibition Centre.

It's always fun to have company at these things... so I traveled in with some of the girls from work - Julie, Tam, Jo and Mary... and met up with my crochet buddy Annie once we were there.

There's always so much to see and do at these events. Although I'm not a quilter, I still like to look - and imagine that ONE DAY I might be!

Annie and I took part in a felting workshop, where I made this gorgeous flower...

And chatted to the woman next to me about the Craft Cruise she has booked to travel on. How AWESOME would that be? A Craft Cruise! Have you ever been on one?

Felted Flower

One of the other COOL things about the Craft Fair was that I got to meet up with Prudence Mapstone (my freeform guru) and also see the Hang Ups Exhibition in person.

Remember the closet monster I made earlier this year for the coathanger exhibition? Well, he was on display at the Craft Fair... along with some VERY SPECTACULAR freeform pieces from around the globe. I tried to take photos to share with you, but with the indoor lighting they just didn't turn out at all well. So you'll just have to take my word for it -
They were EXQUISITE!

No comments: