Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Slow Progress

I'm making slow progress on the Zebra Hat, but I thought I'd give you a closer look at my plans...

Zebra Hat

Remember that I keep saying you don't have to be an artist to make a sketch?

Well - this is a prime example of that!

Sketches help you design... even if they don't "look" any good.

It's all about getting your ideas down on paper. Then you can decide how to go about making them.

The sketch at the top of the page shows the hat I wanted to design for this challenge. A quirky earflap hat - which looks like the head of a zebra. It could have so much character!

But I'm kind of stretched for time - and I don't want to rush that one...

So for now the rough sketch is down on paper... and I'll get back to it - ONE DAY.

In the meantime, I'm going with something much more simple:

Zebra Hat

I've made up a rough graph of how the stripes will play out. The background will be knitted in black, and the stripes in white. Kind of the opposite of how it appears on the chart, if that makes sense!

Zebra Hat

And I'm just about to embark on the colourwork.

I just need to find my white yarn. I think I know which bag it's in...

Zebra Hat




1 comment:

Audrac said...

That is going to be DARLING! I can't wait to see the finished product!!