Thursday, January 31, 2008

little miss vintage

little miss vintage (lining)

this bag was based on little miss two with a few modifications

I used a 4mm hook and DK weight cotton for the body of the bag

then there were some simple variations in the finishing

I used a fine hook and cotton, for a slightly different picot edge... and went with a simple running stitch trim for the strap... and omitted the flower

the rose lining is my favourite part... fortunately I had just enough scrap fabric to finish the bag, and it complements the style and colouring of the bag beautifully

when paired with the vintage reds hat... they make the most adorable set

little miss vintage vintage ruffles

4 comments:

Amy said...

This bag is so gorgeous! I really love the lining too. Oh and the colour is beautiful!
Well done.

Soulful Hues said...

ooo, very nice bag!

Genuine-Lye said...

I wandered here from Ravelry, when you talked about your future Boho scarf tutorial, and I have to say that this bag is absolutely adorable. Did you write the pattern?

laughing purple goldfish said...

thanks for the positive feedback everyone!

genuine-lye (love the name)

I did write the pattern for the bag. It is incredibly simple, and would be easy for a beginner to create.

I'm hoping to have that tutorial up within the week, so keep an eye out for it

:)