Wednesday, February 6, 2008

teddies

I love Jean Greenhowe's toy designs... the attention to detail in them is magnificent! The only down side, is that there are so many tiny little knitted pieces - so the seaming and assembly take forever.

I'm working at designing my own range of knitted and crochet toys, just as adorable as hers... but minus the nightmare seaming process.

Because the problem is... you knit all the pieces, and then bail when the time comes for sewing. You end up with a bag full of appendages, which you know will look magnificent when completed - but it's all too hard.

I have a bag of teddy bits that has been lying around for years. They were worked from Jean's Traditional Favourites pattern book. I'm committed to bringing them to life this week. Well, five of them anyway!

Number One is done, and I will send it with Megan's Hat to cheer her up.

2008_0206megted0020

No comments: