Sunday, July 5, 2009

project #23 - buddy bandit bandana

DSCF0533

pattern used -
hook used -
  • either a 3.0mm or a 4.0mm... I can't remember which
yarn used -
  • recycled 8ply/DK wool
comments -
  • so this pattern actually makes a beaded bandana for a dog's neck...
  • no dog living here! so I decide to modify it a little for my daughter
  • I left out the beading
  • instead of the ties, I worked a row of sc around the entire triangle, and added a button to secure it
  • the added benefit of the button, is that you can button down the point of the bandana, if you are wearing it over the top of the hair
  • I also wove two strands of a contrast colour along the front edge of the bandana

DSCF0522

DSCF0521

DSCF0524

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute:)

Anonymous said...

Love it, the button is a great idea, really cute!

Islagringo said...

What strikes me most about this post is not the item you made, but the model you used. I assume this is one of your daughter's dolls? Is this what we are now teaching our children that beauty is? I've always thought that the overblown lips were hideous and now we are condoning Botox enhanced beauty as a normal thing? Just my two cents worth.

laughing purple goldfish said...

thanks everyone :)

islagringo - yes, this is one of my daughter's dolls... it's one of those haidressing doll heads... just a head, but no body...
this particular doll is a BRATZ doll... bratz were introduced as a rival to barbie dolls... and have become very popular across the globe

I personally find them to be unattractive, and around home we call them 'silly lips'... but the kids still love them!

Chase Clark said...

Cute!

laughing purple goldfish said...

thanks :)