Friday, July 16, 2010

yarn forward #28

P5060008


Have you seen the September 2010 issue of Yarn Forward???

(yes, I KNOW it's only the middle of July... and YES... the SEPTEMBER issue IS out already)

Anyway... it features one of my knitting patterns!

I'm such a newbie to the world of print publication... and this is all so wildly EXCITING to me!!! The hard part though, is keeping it a secret until the magazine is published. It's months and months and months from the time a submission is accepted by the magazine, until it actually appears in print. And all that time, I have to keep it a secret from you guys!!!

Which is insanely difficult - because I've become quite accustomed to sharing my crafty exeriences with you. I tell you guys EVERYTHING!

Almost impossible to be designing... and drafting... and stitching... and photographing... and pattern writing... and NOT breathe a word about it to anyone.

All the while, I am totally ecstatic about it - and have no one to share the joy with. Mr Goldfish is a a gem, and he really tries to be supportive, but he just doesn't get the whole craft thing the way that you do.

Can't wait for my contributor copy to arrive...

Here's a preview of the magazine.

And here she is... my kokeshi doll...

P5060009


P5060006

8 comments:

Kyliie said...

She is so cute!

sue said...

Congratulations on your pattern being published. It is lovely! I buy Yarn Forward every month and they always have fantastic patterns in them.

misha said...

I've seen it on Ravelry and it is stunning! Absolutely irresistible!

Sarah said...

Congratulations! I'm inspired....I'm working on opening an online and hopefully once established a mobile wool shop and seeing what you do and how much you love your crafting is keeping me motivated! I will buy this issue as a keepsake :-)

Rosie Ross said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations!

Deb said...

Congratulations! How exciting! And such a delightful doll - love her hair and face especially.

You are so talented at what you do.

Tammy/psmflowerlady said...

Squeeeee!!!! How exciting! And you so totally deserve it - I love the doll. I've never bought the magazine, but I will look for it!

Jacqui said...

You just keep on amazing me!!! Well done it is gorgeous!