I've been plodding away very slowly at that To Do List of mine...
The first snail is finished... and the second is nearly done. The crochet is complete, but he still needs his shell attached and stuffed, then his eyes stitched into place and a little bit of wire threaded into his antennae:
If you're interested in the pattern, you can find it here. If you're not already a member over at the Lion Brand site then you might find that you need to sign up in order to view their patterns.
I wanted to add some interest to the shells but I didn't have a variegated yarn. So I've used three strands of sewing cotton held together with the yarn when I did the crochet. There's a dark brown, medium brown and beige. I love the way they add some interest to the shell which would otherwise look pretty bland.
I've also made use of some recycled copper wire. Just threaded it into each antennae. It means you can position them as you fancy - and they stay in place. Obviously you wouldn't include the wire if you were making a child's toy. Or the little beads for that matter.
Meanwhile - I need to stop crawling along at a SNAIL'S PACE... and get these gifts finished!