Saturday, October 18, 2008

a girl and her 'princess wrap'

prayer shawl

Well... I have finished the prayer shawl for the Make It Pink challenge. I was originally planning to make it for myself, but decided that Little Miss Four would get more wear out of a garment this pink than what I would! Mind you, she doesn't think of it as a prayer shawl. To her it is a Princess Wrap.

Because I was making a much smaller size, I only worked the increases until I had 69 stitches on my needles and then worked the top border. I probably could have made it a tiny bit bigger, but the stitch pattern has a surprising amount of stretch to it... much more than I was expecting.

Instead of a button, I crocheted a pink daisy to embellish the front of the wrap.

prayer shawl

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty in pink :-) It looks great.

CurlyPops said...

Oh wow..that is so cute! Love it!

Alicia @ Oh2122 said...

Hey! I actually noticed that when I was in the gallery earlier tonight. It came out great!

Sam said...

It looks lovely. The colours came out beautifully together and the crochet flower is perfect.

laughing purple goldfish said...

jacqui - thanks (and now I'm having Molly Ringwald flashbacks)

curlypops - thank you :)

oh2122 - there's some beautiful work in that gallery, isn't there?

sam - the pinks really did blend nicely... and it will match EVERYTHING in my daughter's wardrobe... because everything she owns is PINK!

Cats-Rockin-Crochet said...

Oh I love it on you little Miss, well done and for a worthy event too.

Lisa said...

What a fantastically cute wrap and girl!!

laughing purple goldfish said...

cat - thank you

lisa - thanks... she act like a princess, too - with or without the wrap!

Anitra Cameron said...

That is flat adorable! Makes me want to make one for my granddaughter...

Anitra Cameron said...

That is flat adorable! Makes me want to make one for my granddaughter...

laughing purple goldfish said...

anitra - it's such a quick project... you should definitely make one :)

Nicole said...

I just finished a crocheted scarf for a friend yesterday and it is almost that same identical color. I think it looks nice =)