Sunday, October 19, 2008

op shop delight

When trawling the op shops lately (thrift/charity stores) I have been on the hunt for interesting and unusual belts. They make for unique straps on a bag, such as the one I added to my plarn bag.

Sometimes the hunt is successful. Other times not. That's half the fun of op shopping, I think.

leather flower belt

The other day I picked up this belt for only $2. It twists on itself too easily to be used as a bag strap, but I will remove the links joining the pieces, and those leather floral circles will make fabulous embellishments for... well... something!

I just know they will come in handy one day...

leather flower belt

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great bargin buy. Oh I can see one of those on a rag bag, or a hat, or a shrug oh the list of possibilities are endless.

Sam said...

I agree with Jacqui - so many possibilities. Lol at the "handy one day" comment. My loft is full of boxes of such things - I'm such a horder.
By the way, I'm working on the Lisa Gentry bag with my recycled yarn. Exciting!!

laughing purple goldfish said...

jacqui - yes! endless possibilities... and there are fourteen of them on the belt... that should keep me going for a while

sam - I love the 'handy one day' concept, especially for my craft... it means I can always find just the right yarn/embellishment/etc... because I have so much to choose from! wonderful to see you using your recycled yarn already... be careful though... you might become addicted like me!!

Nicole said...

Are you from Australia? You just have to be using a term like Op Shopping. I am Australia but I live in America. My mum and I use to spend all day Op Shopping as we called it too. We would come home with bags and bags of goodies. Our motto was if you liked it even a little bit just get it because it wouldnt be there next week. Its so much fun.
Nicole

laughing purple goldfish said...

nicole - yes... I'm in Australia... isn't 'op shop' a fabulous phrase??? I love your motto... and it is so true... you have to seize the moment

Unknown said...

Just a thought... they would make really cute keychains.

laughing purple goldfish said...

jaclyn - fabulous idea - thanks for sharing... I always love hearing how others would use things :)