Thursday, October 20, 2011
So I've hit my first problem with the Fairytale Challenge.
They've been a tricky concept from the beginning, because they need to do double duty - to look like Frog legs and Prince legs at the same time. So I've been trying to keep them very simple and non-descript.
The way I had made the legs, was so that they sat forward with the toes pointing up. They looked fabulous when I pinned them in place on the Prince, but when I flippped him into the Frog... not so hot!
I knew they weren't going to look like traditional frog legs - but these were WAY wrong! Instead of sitting forward, they came from his back with the toes pointing down.
Should have taken some photos to show you how wrong they were, but I didn't think to...
Anyway, I put my thinking cap on and amended them a little. They're not how I anticipated they would be, but I'll make them work. I need to just move on and remember that the legs are not a major feature of either character. In fact the plan is for them to not really be noticed at all, because all the detailed work will be in the upper bodies.
Deep breaths, and moving on...