Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I'll do it anyway...

PB110035

You can tell me not to, but I'll do it anyway...

I should probably have that tattooed on my forehead, it seems to be my motto in life!

Anyway... ages ago I started on this crochet ripple blanket.

The plan was to make it for my bed, but plans have changed (as they do) and now I'll be making it for my daughter. Which means that it now only needs to fit a single bed, and not a queen size.

But it's wide enough for a queen, and I've worked about a third of the lenghth...

I could turn it sideways, and have the ripples running lengthways down the bed... but I didn't like it like that

So I thought I might literally cut it in half, and secure the ends.. then add the top to the bottom.

Only I decided it wasn't worth the effort, because I don't like the two rows of each colour...

So I'm GOING TO FROG IT!

Yes... unravel ALL of it... and START AGAIN.

I know that an awful lot of work has already gone into it - but if I don't like it now, it's going to drive me mad forever... and FOREVER is a very very long time!

PB110036

4 comments:

Sam said...

Well, I'm always frogging things because I think "could do better", and like you say, forever is a long time!

But I like the double rows of colour. You're just being picky ;-)

Gina P said...

OMG! That's an awful lot of work to throw away and it's really pretty. I would sleep on it and if you feel the same way tomorrow, don't look back and rip, rip, rip it. I wish you the best in your decision.

mountainwildlife said...

Oh no! It looks fabulous! Personally I would leave it and turn it sideways with the zigs and zags running down the bed, but I guess if you are not happy with it now you will never be 100% happy with it.
Good luck!

Katherine said...

I'm going to encourage you and say "rip it!" because I frog things ALL THE TIME if I stop being happy with them for any reason! And that has included ripping back some pretty massive things (not blankets though!).