Wednesday, November 9, 2011

That Blanket...

P7180003

If you've been following my blog for a while now, you'll remember that in 2009 I was working on an afghan.

It was part of a CAL (crochet along)... the idea was that each month you received the patttern for a 12" square, and at the end of the year you could join them all together to make a single bed blanket.

I thought it would be a really good challenge for me personally, because I was trying to learn how to read crochet patterns. Being in a group who were all working on the same pattern at the same time meant that I could ask for help whenever I got stuck!

And it was a fabulous learning experience...

But I didn't ever show you the finished product!

For a while it lived on the couch in the lounge room, but if you've been to my place recently you'll know that I've had a major rearrange since then... I'm ALWAYS rearranging...

If you want to take a closer look at any of the squares... click here

Oh, and I should mention that I made extra squares (25 in total) to have a queen size blanket...

And I DID LEARN to read patterns.

1 comment:

Tres said...

Beautiful colors! I did the 2010 and I'm almost finished with the 2011 BAM CAL. They have been designated as Christmas gifts for my grandmother and future MIL. If it wasn't for you I would never have found the groups so thank you!