Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Accidentally Mauve

Accidentally Mauve

Hats... Hats... Hats... Hats... Hats...

Starting to feel a little overwhelmed by HATS at the moment!

Accidentally Mauve

And there are still more to come...

I'm still working on a batch to send up to Alice Springs for the Beanie Festival - two for the Competition, and ten for sale at Beanie Central...

Plus a bunch of assorted Chemo Caps for Loved Ones...

Accidentally Mauve

Today I'm sharing a slightly different take on the Stretchy Accidental Hat. Usually I would tie all the loose ends across the top of the hat to form a seam. This time I have gathered all the ends together in a bunch, and wrapped some yarn around them to create a tassel.

I like it.

It gives the beanie a more traditional shape, but the giant tassel keeps the Element of Crazy strong.

Accidentally Mauve