Monday, May 14, 2012

Goddess of the Sea...

Sea Goddess

Since we spoke last, I've been frantically putting the finishing touches on my Competition Entries for the 2012 Alice Springs Beanie Festival...

Sea Goddess

In fact it was about 2am the other night, when I decided that I desperately needed shells for this project.

But where does one find shells at 2 am???

Well...

One goes and takes apart their Laundry curtain, stripping the shells from it, of course!

Sea Goddess


This project is for the Category which asks you to "Introduce a goddess..."

Hopefully by tomorrow I will have finished my second Competition Piece, so that I can mail them off well before the deadline...

Sea Goddess

5 comments:

Gywnna said...

Any goddess would be happy to wear that hat, Sharon. Good luck with your entries!

Twigwoman said...

Oh Sharon that is stunning!!!!! Even a mere mortal woman would feel like a goddess wearing that piece!!!

Neen said...

Wow! A beautiful sea goddess will be well recieved in Australia's red center. I love seeing where your creative mind takes you ... and a 2am raid of the laundry curtain is a classic!!

Colette said...

They get better and better. Just thinking how very talented you are.

Colette

Christine said...

Wow, this is fantastic!!!

I wish I would have had one like this during my chemotherapy!

Good luck!