Thursday, May 31, 2012

The AJ Project

From Jacket to Jumper

I have a Friend...
and My Friend has a Jacket...
the jacket looks to be in fabulous condition - but it's really not...

From Jacket to Jumper

Let's call My Friend Andrew...
because that's his name.

And let's call the jacket Andrew's Jacket...
because it is.

So I'm going to refer to this as the AJ Project...

From Jacket to Jumper

The jacket is lined.... which you would think would help it to keep it's shape over time... but NO!

What has happened, is that the lining itself has kept it's shape, but the knitted section has stretched out of shape... so the jacket is larger than the lining, and it just looks all wrong.

Now, you could replace the lining.. so that it fits the jacket better - but then it wouldn't fit Andrew any more...

So I'm going to take it apart, and recycle it into a New Top...

as long as those seams aren't overlocked/serged!!!!

They look okay from the outside, but I won't know for sure until I remove the lining...

From Jacket to Jumper

1 comment:

Twigwoman said...

Ah my friend: doing what you do best!!!!!