Wednesday, November 19, 2008

healing the wounded

Today is my day for healing the wounded.

Now I'm not claiming to have the power to perform miracles... but there are a few friends living at our place, who are in need of some tender loving care. And I think I can help them out.

My plan is to deal with them today, so that I can clear them out of my 'craft zone' and move ahead with my plans for Christmas.

snake - before

First up is this sorry looking snake. He's been part of our family for about eight years now, and the kids are very attached to him... so it would be such a shame to throw him away if he can be fixed. Alas, their favourite game to play with him seems to be 'tug of war'... not only has he lost his tongue as a result... but has developed a gaping wound in his mouth in the process. He also appears to have had some oral hygiene issues, leading to a mouth full of fur balls... so we'll work on that too!

teddy - before

Big Ted has a severe neck wound... and is losing his innards at an incredible rate...

rosebud - before

And although Rosebud doesn't appear to be severely impaired, the stitching has been broken at her mouth. Apparently she is not to be in the company of the other beanie kids until her 'lipstick is pretty again'

12 comments:

Beth said...

Sounds like you've started a toy hospital!

I love it!

Sam said...

Lots of TLC needed there, lol. And we have that snake - recently renamed...Daisy! Ho hum ;-)

Karen said...

Well, Dr. Laughing, you have your work cut out for you and you have me in stitches!

Lauria said...

Too Cute! Can't wait to see the healed!

heklica said...

Lol :D Do report on the recovery of the patients :)

Lucky-1 said...

Like watching animal hospital...LOL

Hope the patients heal up nicely and the snake doesn't bite the hand that fixed him;P

laughing purple goldfish said...

beth - it certainly feels that way, too

sam - was yours from IKEA too??? and soes she have a tongue???

karen - sounds like one of us has been into the laughing gas :)

lauria - thanks

misha - check back tomorrow... for their progress report!

lucky - too funny :)

Sam said...

We have two Ikea snakes - Daisy and Snakey (who is brown, with a rattle). They both still have tongues, but they're a little thin in the middle.

pink dogwood said...

wow - do you make house calls?

Lucky-1 said...

I have an award for you Purple, your such a gift for our planet with your ways of recycling "stuff" and making it usable again:D

http://luckysduckfarm.blogspot.com/2008/11/award.html

I so hope you'll except it.

Anonymous said...

Haha, been there, done that. I am the resident toy doctor in my house. Glad that I am not alone in my job.

laughing purple goldfish said...

sam - ahhh... I see you are a breeder ;)

pink dogwood - I think it is a full time job just keeping up with my own sick and wounded

lucky - much appreciated

everyday housewife - no... definitely not alone, are we?