Wednesday, November 26, 2008

kids get in on the action

Before I start talking about the kids... I just wanted to say a super big THANKS to everyone who posted their 'curtain ring' ideas for me yesterday. I seriously loved hearing all those suggestions... some of which I would never have thought of in a million years. It was wonderful to get a different perspective on things... and I really, really appreciate your input.

On to the kids now...

Mine are aged nine, six and four years... boy, boy, girl... and they are ALWAYS wanting to be a part of whatever I am working on - which is lovely, but not always practical!

Especially now that I am starting work on Christmas themed decorations. They loved the embroidered felt stocking from the other day, so we planned for them to make their own. These ones will be to hang on their bedroom doors... and apparently will be filled with a never-ending supply of lollies!

They each chose their own felt, and I have cut out the stocking shapes for them. Today they are working at decorating them, and I will share the results when they are done.

kids felt stockings

3 comments:

Sam said...

I love their choices and I can't wait to see the finished result.

Just think, with this training, what they'll be able to create when they're older :-)

whatsonox said...

These are going to look SO COOL as my children would say.

laughing purple goldfish said...

sam - I'm planning to give them all the crafting opportunities that I can... and see where it leads them

whatsonox - thanks :)