Saturday, August 9, 2008

a lesson learned

I love my plarn bag... I use it every single day, despite the fact that I still haven't lined it as yet!

this is how it originally looked

plarn bag

But I've run into a problem of sorts with the trim.

It has stretched like crazy already!

stretch

The reason seems to be that I added the trim to the top of the bag, and then attached the strap to the trim. With weight pulling down on the bag, the trim has stretched badly.

It's a bit hard to see in the photo, but the loop rows have stretched so much that they have become 'holey' and some of the loops have filtered from the outside to the inside of the bag.

stretched trim

I still love the idea of loops as a trim... but would be careful next time to attach the strap to the body of the bag rather than the trim. A lesson learned, anyway!

2 comments:

Cats-Rockin-Crochet said...

Oh what a shame, your lesson now becomes mine too, thanks for the heads up.
Cat.

laughing purple goldfish said...

no worries Cat... I figure I might as well share the information... so we can ALL learn from my mistake!